This is my take on my brother's creation - a simple mayo, tomato, and basil / lettuce sandwich!
Ingredients (makes one sandwich)
- Two slices, Purple Cherokee Heirloom tomato
- Some fresh basil leaves
- Some fresh green leaf lettuce (optional)
- Sea or Kosher salt, for sprinkling
- Some mayo
- Two slices, sourdough or a complementary bread (optionally toasted.) Shown below: Homemade sourdough with 60% commercial bread flour, 30% self-milled Kamut® wheat flour.
- Lightly spread the mayo on both slices of the bread.
- Place a bed of basil on one of the slices.
- Place a tomato slice on each piece of bread.
- Sprinkle the tomato slices with a dash of salt.
Add the lettuce, if desired, and serve! Goes great with some dry white wine, too.
The finished result (yum!)