Saturday, March 23, 2013

Local produce

Like many, I'm buying more produce closer to the source - or at least at our local farmer's market and also from a field to fork provider. It costs more, but I like the quality of what I'm getting and I've become introduced to some vegetables that I otherwise would have never come to enjoy. For example, check out these kale salads. And here's my recipe for balsamic salad dressing that I made off the cuff that's easy and works well:

Balsamic salad dressing:
 
2 Tbs. EVOO
2 Tbs. lemon juice
1 Tbs. red wine balsamic vinegar
1/4 tsp. Mrs. Dash seasoning mix

Mix all ingredients well, pour over your salad, and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Just discovered another great local farm, who has a farm going in Baja, MX, too:

    http://www.jacobsfarm.com/

    ReplyDelete